Commencement and Awards
Congratulations to the following individuals:
- Gwendolyn Bresnan - Dean's Award for outstanding scholarship and contributions to the university community
- Sam Kahl - Wilkinson Memorial Award for the highest cumulative GPA in her four-year career at NIU
- Frankline Muthomi - Maryanov Award for intellectual capacity, commitment and character, qualities embodied by the late Professor Gerald S. Maryanov
- Nathan McCormick - Outstanding Graduate Instructor Award for effectiveness and excellence in undergraduate teaching
- Aidan Bengford and Grant Goral - John G. and Barbara C. Peters Scholarship for Outstanding Public Service, given for outstanding contributions to public service through public service related internship, political campaign, government or student government
- Titik Firawati and Carolina Velandia Hernandez - Martin David Dubin Memorial Scholarship, given to a graduate student who is in the process of writing his or her dissertation.
- Limeng Ong - Dr. Russell W. Smith Memorial Scholarship for travel to Southeast Asia to complete field work as part of a faculty approved research project.
- Alexandra Alcantar and Aidan Bengford - Richard J. Doherty and Jon F. Erickson Chicago Law Internship Scholarship, is to provide financial assistance to a Northern Illinois University student who will participate in a summer internship with the Chicago Bar Foundation, the Richard J. Daley Center Pro Bono Resource Center, and the Office of the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County
- Cassandra Epping
- Tammie Louise Finnegan
- Nick Florian
- Frankline Muthomi