Communication and Journalism Advising
We can advise you on:
- Majors in Communication Studies
- Major in Journalism
- Minors in Communication Studies
- Minor in Journalism
- Minor in Professional Communication
When to Seek Advising
Advising for upcoming summer and fall semesters should be completed by March. Advising for upcoming spring semesters should be completed by October. Advising for your major is not required, but it is highly recommended to ensure you are on the right track. Students are welcome to seek advising whenever help is needed.
For advising on majors and minors outside of the Department of Communication, you must contact those respective departments.
Independent Study/Directed Individual Study
An Independent Study/Directed Individual Study provides you with an opportunity for individual faculty mentoring and engagement in the completion of a project. Consult with a faculty member who will oversee your project.
- COMS 498A Independent Study: research projects for communication majors and minors
- COMS 498B Media Production Independent Study: media production projects for communication majors and minors
- JOUR 495 Directed Individual Study: journalistic research or production projects for journalism majors or minors
Questions About COMS 407 Practicum?
If you have questions about COMS 407 Practicum, please review this webpage.
For information about internship credits in communication or journalism, please contact Professor Laura Vazquez at email@example.com, director of undergraduate studies for the Department of Communication.
If you have any questions related to the COMS 100 gen ed requirement, review this page first. You can find information on the OCCE exam and who to contact on that page.