- Department of Public Administration
- Faculty and Staff Directory
- Alicia M. Schatteman
Alicia M. Schatteman
Alicia Schatteman is the current director of the Center for Nonprofit and NGO Studies and an associate professor of nonprofit management in the Department of Public Administration in the School of Public and Global Affairs. She received her Ph.D. in public administration from Rutgers University-Newark and a master’s degree in communications management from Syracuse University. She also consults and conducts research in nonprofit strategic planning and performance measurement. Prior to returning to school for her Ph.D., she worked for 10 years in the public and nonprofit sectors as a communications specialist and then an executive director.
Areas of Expertise
- Nonprofit management
- Public administration
- Performance management
- Public communications
- Citizen participation and electronic government
- Schatteman, A. and Liu, L.Y. 2022. “Measuring What Matters: Comparing Costs and Performance of Municipal Libraries and Library Districts”, Public Library Quarterly.
- Schatteman, A. 2022. “Finance” book chapter for Social Change and Management, edited by Norman Dolch and Roseanne Mirabella, Sagamore-Venture Publisher.
- Schatteman, A. and Liu, Li-Yin. 2020. “Embracing Technology: An Undergraduate Nonprofit Course to Improve Digital Literacy and Maximize Student Engagement” Journal of Nonprofit Education and Leadership, 10(4).
- Schatteman, A. and Liu, L.Y. 2019. “Relationship between Capacity and Use of Performance Information in Nonprofit Arts Organizations”. American Journal of Arts Management. 7(10).
- Deslatte, A., Schatteman, A., and Stokan, E. 2019. “Handing Over the Keys: Local Nonprofit Economic Development Corporations and their Implications for Accountability and Inclusion” Public Performance and Management Review 42(1): 90-114.
Ph.D., Rutgers University
Contact UsDepartment of Public Administration
IASBO Building (2nd Floor)
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Lunch break: noon-1 p.m.